Couples can stretch themselves physically, mentally and emotionally by exploring activities outside their comfort zone. The ideal aspect of these are for one person to introduce these things to the other. Tone is important when entering these areas of expertise. The expert should avoid coming off as a know it all and the new individual should be open to several concepts.
High Physical: Activities of this type force greater movement and reliance on another person. Proper preparation including stretching, adequate hydration and equipment needs offers couples the chance to work together and grow closer.
* Hiking: Exposure to the beauty of nature and opportunities to talk make this activity doubly beneficial.
* Golf: Take the upside of hiking and add a competitive element allows couples to interact with one another in new ways.
Low Impact: These get everyone in a similar head space without some of the more difficult problems like overexertion, sweating or hurt feelings. For some reason, play never feels too competitive, so it allows for a different connection.
* Miniature Golf: All the fun of the big version with playful windmills demonstrating how to get around obstacles.
* Frisbee: Tossing a flying disc around the park reduces stress, lets couples talk and puts no pressure on accomplishing a goal.
|Bonding Through Activities|
Experiencing Art: The body is not the only thing stimulated by activities. The mind and heart can be moved as well. The best ways to access these aspects is by connecting to art.
* Galleries: A low cost option exposing couples to a wide range and styles of art permitting discussions of taste and feelings.
* Museums: This avenue gives couples access to curated art of a high caliber stirring a variety of emotions.
* Outdoor Festival: A plethora of music, comedy, folk art and forms of expression can stir the artist within and draw them closer.
Giving Back: Thinking outside oneself breaks down barriers to parts of a person's life and heart. A partner who shares an intimate experience like serving beside their significant other will see and show compassion only available through acts of service.
* Soup Kitchen and Shelters: In these place, gratitude for a warm meal and place to stay demonstrates one's own riches.
* Shared Cause: Need abounds in the animal, medical and countless other charities. Couples only need to follow their hearts.
* Clean Up: Couples looking a chance to serve in their own backyard can find a park and surrender their time and energy.
These are only a handful of options available. Couples are only limited by their imaginations. After a discussion, they can find any number of things to bring them closer together. The best option is to set a things on the calendar tasting each experience on its own. From there, they can find the things which speak to them and delve deeper into those activities forging bonds that will last a lifetime.